Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OneBusAway for Windows Phone 7

With the U.S. launch of Windows Phone 7, we are proud to announce a native OneBusAway client for new WP7 users.

WindowsPhone7Screenshot.png
wp7English320x50green.pngThough I say "we", I really can't take much credit at all. Instead, I want to recognize a number of developers who have been hacking away on the client for the past few months to get it ready for the Windows Phone 7 launch. OneBusAway wouldn't happen without the help and support of developers like this, and I appreciate all their efforts.

The app is open-source, so check out the project page if you'd like to help make the app even better. And just a reminder that all the OneBusAway data that powers apps like this is available for developers to use to create new an interesting apps. Check out the API for more details.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

I think there is too little contrast between the time until next arrival, and the background. It looks difficult to read.

Eli said...

Spencer: Are you looking at it on an actually Win 7 phone, or on a computer screen simulation? Contrast looks great on my phone.

Only disappointment I have in the app is that it doesn't tell you how many minutes late the buses are running -- I know I found that useful on the iPhone app to get a sense of how bad traffic is from certain areas.