Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OBA Blue - Real-Time Trip Planning iPhone App BETA

Update: the Beta sign-up is closed!

One of the top-requested features for OneBusAway since pretty much day one has been to combine the trip planning capabilities of King County Metro's or Google's trip planner with the real-time transit data provided by OneBusAway.

I'm happy to reveal that we're a little bit closer to realizing that goal. I've been working in secret (poorly kept if you know where to look) on real-time trip planning capabilities for OneBusAway and a corresponding iPhone app. It's been slow going... did I mention I defend my PhD in three weeks? However, things are starting to come together and I'm ready to start gathering feedback from OneBusAway users.

That's right, we're having a beta and you're invited. Details follow, but first, a brief glimpse of what you're in for:



Update: the Beta sign-up is closed!

9 comments:

Groove said...

Allow me to be the first one to BEG for this on android!

Brian Ferris said...

@Groove: Sadly, iPhone is my day-to-day phone, so it receive the bulk of development love.

Nicholas Barnard said...

Brian, is the trip planning coming from KCM or Google?

Brian Ferris said...

@Nicholas: neither. It's built on top of the OpenTripPlanner project (http://opentripplanner.org/) but with custom extension for real-time routing and other features.

Jeff said...

I can't believe I missed it. If any one drops out or out of the goodness in your heart I would love to be included. I do bring a special set of skills which I would love to describe in a different setting.

Torrey said...

Ooooooh awesome! I have been wanting that feature for ages.

Joe Shapiro said...

How's it going? Am glad to hear you're working on this. Wish I were in the beta!

chandra said...

Thanks for the video!
Planning Questionnaire

Tran Huong said...

Whats the most popular online game for ps3? My birthday is coming up in november and i might get a ps3. I want to know the most popular shooting game online in ps3.
My website: bigone 132 bigone.com bigone mobi